Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Colorado Way of Life

So, I am new to blogging, and had been keeping a running journal of some of my mile high (or higher) exploits.  After seeing what others were doing with blogs, I thought this would be the best way to share some of the adventures and discoveries made in this wonderful part of the country, and encourage others to do the same.

I came to Colorado in the fall of 2009, lived in an apartment in Capitol Hill and instantly grew to love the city of Denver.  I weighed in at a portly 230lbs, which was not worn well on my 5'10" frame.  I distinctly remember being given a walking tour of the city from my room mate and great friend Wil.  After the two mile walk downtown, my feet were tired, and blistered from a routine walk into the city and around the neighborhood.  Apparently my body was not used to such activity, and was more accustomed to a more sedentary day job and activity regiment.  Everything in my new life was an exercise, from lugging groceries home, to walking everywhere, to hiking and exploring.  I was in love with my new environs and new lifestyle.  In the winter of 2009, logged 26 days of snowboarding, and hiking in the summer.  Within a year, I had dropped my weight to 176lbs.  Have not had cable since moving here, nor do I plan on getting it ever again!  I started to keep a journal of some of my trips and experiences.

I dedicate this blog to the wilderness, and the magic and inspiration that can be found within it.  Some of these posts are catch up reports, and are drawn on memory and may lack photos, but I hope that you enjoy them just the same!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to keep reading this!! Love the dedication....the wilderness truly is magical and inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete